Friday, December 16, 2011

Live More Simple

So our washer broke this week:/  Perfect timing with Christmas right around the corner.  Oh well. 
 Evan and I were watching No Impact Man last night and were VERY inspired.  Lately we have been trying to cut back on things, eat more healthy, get up earlier, watch less TV and do more family activities.  That's part of the reason we started our design blog so that we could work on projects together.    After watching this documentary we were more inspired to keep improving our lives and take it a step further to Live More Simple and be less wasteful.  That's going to be our family motto.

So this week instead of taking our clothes to the laundry mat.  We washed our clothes in the bathtub.  It was actually a lot of fun.  Nix and I danced and splashed around on the clothes.  He loved it!  

When I went to Italy to Nanny, I learned how to live a more "simple" life and really enjoyed it.  I would wash my clothes and then hang them out to dry.  Every Tuesday and Thursday they had a farmers market that I would "walk" to and buy fresh produce. Mmmm.  I walked everywhere and took a bus or train.  The food was so amazing and very simple.  On their salads all they use is olive oil and balsamic vinegar.  The food is so fresh with less preservatives.  On a side note,  the gelato is out of this world!  My mouth is watering just thinking about it.  So to get to the point,  I'm so grateful I had the opportunity to go over there to learn and grow.   It was a real eye opening experience and I learned things that I am now applying to my own Family.








Evan's job was to wring out all of the clothes.



Nixon then put all of the clothes in the dryer.





Coupons.
A couple months ago my Mom and Sister went over to my Mom's friends' house to learn how to coupon.  I had heard about it for quite sometime but never really looked into it.  I remember my SIL doing it a couple years ago and she seemed to like it.  After watching Extreme Couponing I thought I would give it a try.  I'm just so amazed at all the money the ladies save with couponing.  It's crazy all the free stuff they get too.  I don't think I will ever get that extreme but it's been nice saving a little money here and there.  My mom and Sister is a lot better at it then I am.  I'm still trying to get the swing of it.  It's been 2 months since we learned about it and I just got my coupon book organized!  Hey I think I'm doing pretty good.




The Boy's Christmas Feet.


Merry Christmas everyone!!!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I love this post! I used to wash my clothes by hand! I an loving all you guys are doing! Love you! Xoxo